Regret isn’t something I’ve given too much thought until recently. I read a word from Lana Vawser that said God was taking bags of regret off of mothers. The bags of regret or lightened as the lies were revealed and made holes in the bags.
I realized I have many regrets as a mother. And events this week have made them come very much to the forefront.
I started taking my regrets one at a time and identifying the lies that went with them.
I regret not doing things differently in my home school.
- I’m a bad mom
- I’m a bad teacher
- I failed my kids
- I could have made everything so much easier
- I could have done so much better, so much more
I regret allowing fear and insecurity to direct my choices
- I’m a failure
- I should have done things differently
- I’m a bad example
After I had identified the lies I asked the Lord the truth.
- I’m a good mom
- I’ve done well by my kids
- God is working everything for my good and my...